Sunday, May 3, 2015

A Cross That Makes Rainbows



While shopping for a birthday gift, a gorgeous cut glass cross caught my eye.

Immediately, I could picture it on a windowsill with the sun coming through from behind it.

I bought it. 

Little did I know that the cross would end up being a gift to myself! ha!


Sure enough, placed on the kitchen window sill, it makes a sea of rainbows when the sun shines through it. 

What a perfectly delightful and serendipitous gift to one's self.

There was no planning for it.  It was a spontaneous gesture to purchase it but I'm glad I did.



Sometimes we need to create a few rainbows in our own lives.

Today, Sunday, I wish you rainbows and a happy heart!

DO YOU EVER TREAT YOURSELF TO SOMETHING SPECIAL? WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME AND WHAT WAS IT? TELL US!

8 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Susan, what a beautiful cross. I love rainbows, and to see one through the cross in your window every day must be splendid. I just bought something for myself, and it's called a milagro. It's on my post today.

Have a blessed Sunday, Susan.

love, ~Sheri

TARYTERRE said...

What a special gift, indeed. Rainbows are beautiful and soothe the soul.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

What a beautiful cross and with the sunshine and rainbows a perfect gift to one's self. I do give myself gifts and just recently bought a gorgeous McCoy vase that is a happy addition to my home.
hugs,
Linda

marianne said...

Glad you treated yourself to the lovely glass cross. With the beautiful sunshine we are having today, I' sure your kitchen will be filled with rainbows.

I do treat myself from time to time; mostly bouquets of flowers, especially during the winter months. The last thing I bought were 2 beautiful flowered pillows. I don't really need any more pillows, and they were a little pricey, but I fell in love with the colors and textures and knew they would add a wonderful touch of Spring to the living room. I put them on the couch on the first day of Spring and have not regretted it one bit!!!

Rebecca said...

Definitely something to be said for spontaneity! That is just beautiful, Susan.

Chatty Crone said...

That is beautiful piece - I do buy myself something at times. That cross would be a wonderful addition with the rainbows.

diane.stetson said...

I also have a crystal cross on my dining room table that catches the sun beams..I love it. It used to belong to Mom!

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

What a great place for a rainbow!

Related Posts with Thumbnails