Thursday, May 21, 2015

Roadside Flower Stands


Spring offers roadside flower stands that are pure fun to peruse.

In the fall, there are lots of pumpkins and decorative dried corn to buy but now, in the spring, flowers take the spotlight.


We had so much fun stopping at a roadside flower stand on a recent day trip.



It was located in Williamsburg, Massachusetts.

There was so much to see!


So many kinds of plants!

So many colors and shapes!


Lots of herbs, too! 

There were roses in pale yellow, pink and other shades, too.


It was pure joy.


I think it's too early to put plants out because there is still danger of frost.



However, looking and dreaming is tremendously fun.

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE OUTDOOR FLOWER?

6 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Well I will say this and I say it a lot, but when I see beautiful things like these flowers - I feel that God is giving us a glimpse of Heaven. Don't you?

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Gorgeous flowers! I wish there was someplace like this close to me. I want to add a few flowers out in my front planting bed.

diane.stetson said...

Wildflowers are my favorite in the outside! Lovely pictures Susan!

Kit said...

Still too early here too! But soon I can plant. :) I love over all my flowers, my Theresa Bugnet rose bush. Oh the scent! Kit

Bookie said...

Lovely rainbow of colors!

marianne said...

It's so hard to choose just one, but I guess I would have to say that Lily of the Valley is my favorite for this particular time of year. They are so elegant and their fragrance is divine.

I pass right by that flower stand on my drive to my son's house every week. Always want to stop, but haven't had time. Maybe next week. Great photos!

Related Posts with Thumbnails