Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Wishes at the Fountain




Spring is in full swing here because the backyard fountain has been uncovered at last.

 In winter, we keep it well covered to insulate it from the onslaught of ice, snow and freezing winds.

I add a little bit of hydrogen peroxide to the water to keep it sparkling.

If a little birdie perches on an edge and takes a sip or dip, it is cause for great happiness.

During a visit from a sweet two-and-a-half  year old  and her Mom the other day,  the little one had to have a handful of pennies.

She now knows that putting pennies in the fountain requires wishes.

The little diva loves shoes, too, and has come to visit in many pairs with all different styles. 

Ahhhhhhh, the joy of little things!

DO YOU ENJOY FOUNTAINS? 




10 comments:

marianne said...

Your fountain looks great! Nothing like the sound of a trickling fountain or stream to bring relaxation. The little diva's shoes are too much! Love the socks too. What a combo.....

diane.stetson said...

Boy oh boy that little girl is a fashonista...so so cute..and the fountain is nice too!

Bookie said...

My fountain is much less spectacular than yours but I do love the sound of running water over the rocks! It is a moutain stream for me whenever I need one!

Nellie said...

I love the sound of water flowing from the fountain. That little one may have come with a liking for shopping.:-)

Merlesworld said...

She is just the right height to enjoy it.
Great shoes.
Merle........

Red Rose Alley said...

Yes, I do enjoy fountains, Susan. There's something very special about them. What a cute picture of the girl placing pennies in the fountain. Now, is this a fountain in your back yard? I have been wanting one, but my back yard is small, so it would have to be a small fountain hehehe.

love, ~Sheri

Chatty Crone said...

I enjoy reading about the little one - she is such a doll - put in a penny for me to sell the house! lol

Kamyria said...

Oh, that's a beautiful fountain you have! I'm sure the birdies and the little ones love it. We have a little bird bath and I really enjoy watching the birds come for a little drink. It really says spring like nothing else. :)

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: you have a nice fountain. The girl enjoys throwing the coin and making wishes. I like shoes a lot. My daughters also love shoes.We keep in touch

TARYTERRE said...

There is magic in a fountain. Hope the little one's wishes all come true.

Related Posts with Thumbnails