Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Barbie Heaven


Before our lovely granddaughter came into our lives,  Barbie dolls were not part of my life.

  As a child, I played with baby dolls, not Barbies.


  In blog land, I love visiting Marta's blog, all4barbie.blogspot.com/  because she creates imaginative and beautiful scenes with Barbies.

She's in Spain and she's amazing.

She's also a faithful blogging friend so Marta, this post is for you!



A few weeks ago, my friend, Patti, came by with a huge pile of Barbies that she found in a box at a yard sale. Cost?  Zero. 



 The lady running the sale wanted to get rid of them so she gave the whole box away free.


The only problem is that none of the Barbies had, well, uh, er, clothes. Yup. They were "nahkid" as my grand baby calls it.

So I went to a big box store, priced the rather scantily made Barbie clothes, and ran out again.

  Too much money for poor quality merchandise.

                                                     (This little pretty is not a Barbie doll. That's Ariel.)

Next step was ordering some pretty Barbie clothes from an eBay seller.

However, the prettiest gowns shown on eBay came from China and I placed an order, thinking that it might take a long time for them to get here. 



But the price was right and included 10 pairs of shoes, too!



Imagine my shock when just a few days later, the package from China, complete with free shipping, arrived!

                                                        (I don't think this little lady is a Barbie, either.)
  The gowns, my dear blog peeps, are truly beautiful, as you can see in some of these photos. 


Cost?  About a dollar each!  Shocking but true.


So now the whole kit and caboodle of Barbies have gorgeous outfits, grand baby's happy on her visits to Gammie's, and Gammy spent very little hard-earned money. 




Talk about a win/win/win situation!

DID YOU PLAY WITH BARBIE DOLLS WHEN YOU WERE LITTLE?

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: Susan, you're lovely. Thank you very much for your tribute to my blog and my dolls. I'm very happy. I am happy that your granddaughter play with Barbies. When I was little Barbies were too expensive. So when I reached adulthood I started collecting them. My daughters also play with Barbies although they are now growing and they no longer want to play with dolls. I love your new looks and shoes. Fabulous outfits. Thank you. Keep in touch

Terri Tiffany said...

They are awesome! My granddaughter just got her first barbie. Please tell me where you bought the outfits. Might have to send her some!

Lucy@heart and hearth said...

Wooo Hooo!! What a steal of a deal!
Gotta love free shipping!

marianne said...

Wow! What good deal on the Barbie's and the outfits. I'm sure they will all have some fabulous adventures at your house!

I did have one Barbie doll that I adored. I was probably 9 or 10. My mother was a great seamstress and so she made so many outfits for Barbie from scraps of material that were left over from her own sewing projects. I spent many hours of imaginative play inside and outside the house. I remember digging a hole in the garden and sinking a round tin of some sort into the hole and filling it with water. A few flowers around the rim for landscaping and Voila! A pool for Barbie to swim in.

Have fun playing "Barbies" with your grandaughtr...

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I did play with Barbie's when i was ypung. My girls played with them also and still have some of my old dolls and clothes

diane.stetson said...

I never had Barbies as a child as the dolls were invented after I grew up and had a daughter of my own. She did play with Barbies and had many hours of fun with them and her little girlfriends. I think your find of dresses from China is great and I know your little grand daughter will just love playing with them at your house!

Red Rose Alley said...

Yes, Yes, I played with Barbie dolls when I was growing up, Susan. Me and my friend from the neighborhood played with them, as we shared accessories (her having way more than I did), and that was what occupied my days one summer. It was so much fun, and I still have my doll to this day and some of the clothes that my mother made for her.

Look at all of your dolls, wow! The red dress is so pretty. Your granddaughter is going to be lucky girl when she stays with you. What a fun post this is.

love, ~Sheri

Debbie said...

Lovely!! Awesome deal on the barbie clothes. Yes...I loved my Barbie's when growing up...but I loved my vast collection of paper dolls more. :-)

Chatty Crone said...

I have to admit i played with Barbies!!! You look like you really had a big Barbie day - they take a long time to dress and put the shoes on - lol - but definitely worth it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails