Sunday, October 25, 2015

Lingering Autumn Splendor


Sometimes, just being quiet and grateful are enough.

That is especially true during these last, lingering days of sweet October.



The spectacular sun-drenched fall foliage, that makes a person feel like she is being drenched in liquid gold, is hard to beat.




That, with the extraordinary gift of eyesight,  makes fall most regal.

Knowing that it's in its final days tugs at the heart.




 I wish each person looking at this post, a most memorable and happy Sunday.




Enjoy the photos of sights seen daily around here, until the winds and snow come.




If it's raining, (like it is around here), make your own sunshine!


As you can see, these days I love looking up with camera in hand! Ha!

 WHAT DO YOU LOOK FORWARD TO MOST ON THIS SUNDAY?

12 comments:

jankasgarten said...

Have a beautiful Sunday! :-)

Chatty Crone said...

You know I have had lots of nice Sundays I just don't have a memory to remember a special one. Sorry. Love your fall leaves.

Bookie said...

It was 45 when I got up this morning...a chilly morn! But no wind and sun make it bright and beautiful. I watered flowers and washed the deck anyway and it wasn't too cold. I know my days are numbered out there but I love it so while I have it!!! Happy Sunday!

diane.stetson said...

Well it will be 88 here and the same for the next few days. Today I look forward to seeing a funny musical live at a college nearby with a good friend. Love the fall pictures Susan.

Sandi said...

Joy and rest.

:-)

Love the gold leaves! Gorgeous.

marianne said...

Looking forward to spending time with my Boston son as he is home for the weekend. When I asked him what he was looking forward to today he said "football!". Oh. Guess I'll be watching a football game this afternoon.

Enjoyed your pictures of the fading October foliage. We still have a brilliant red maple in our yard. The sun is supposed to make an appearance this afternoon so I'm looking forward to seeing it illuminated before the winds of November bring the rest of the leaves down.

Have a "sunshiney" Sunday....

Denise said...

Hi Susan-Living in Southern CA. My whole life,the changing leaves and snow are two things I only dream of living with.How lovely Your pics are and Your words so lovely also.Blessings-Denise

Linda O'Connell said...

Such soothing photos and words to accompany them. Enjoy your day.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

It is extraordinary colors isn't it. Your photos are gorgeous!

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

I love when the leaves turn to gold, red, and orange. Thanks for capturing their beauty in your pictures.

Kit said...

Today I took my youngest to a production of A Chorus Line. It was wonderful!:) Kit

Red Rose Alley said...

Autumn sure is lingering on in your neck of the woods, Susan. Your pictures show so much beauty of this special season.

love, ~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails