Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Have a Totally Delightful Day!




 It's St. Patrick's Day today and I hope you will have a totally delightful day whether you are Irish or not!

While a trip to Ireland has never been in the cards, I do admire the Irish people.

I love the songs "Danny Boy" and "When Irish Eyes Are Smiling," too.

(Bailey's Irish Cream is not too shabby, either. ha ha)

So Happy St. Patrick's Day to all! 


The sweet little bunny shown in this post is a reminder that adorable and fun-loving things are all around us.


All we have to do is look around for them.

They help to lighten our hearts.

That makes this crazy world a better place, just by being in it!

There is a charming children's book titled "Miss Rumphius"  by Barbara Cooney.

It's about a woman's life and quest to make the world a better place.

It's one of my all-time favorite books.


Something a simple as giving away a smile, like the little bunny,  or enthusiastically reading a book to a child, are both ways to make the world a better place today!

ARE YOU FAMILIAR WITH THE BOOK 'MISS RUMPHIUS?'  BY BARBARA COONEY?

14 comments:

diane.stetson said...

Happy St. Patrick's day...the day that everyone is IRISH.I've been to Ireland and it was just beautiful.
Never read that children's book but would like to sometime.

Denise said...

Hello My Dear Susan : ) I fell so far behind responding to all the wonderful comments left concerning My blogging.Yes,I will try to come up with more inspiration and continue blogging. Thank You for always keeping in touch with Me.You are such a sweet friend.EEKS! I missed St.Patricks today.How could that have happened .I'm part Irish.Loved Your post, wish I could easily find that book, I know I would love it. Hugs Denise

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: congratulations to the Irish. Happy St. Patrick's Day. I did not know this book. Keep in touch

Chatty Crone said...

Happy St. Patrick's day to you! Do you have any Irish in you? I have just a little! lol

Chatty Crone said...

Happy St. Patrick's day to you! Do you have any Irish in you? I have just a little! lol

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Sweet bunny to brighten a day and bring a smile. Happy St Patrick's Day!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

The Spring holidays are always just fun to me!! I'm enjoying my bunnies more then the shamrocks, but that is just me!
hugs,
Linda

Linda O'Connell said...

Spring is busting out all over and making me as happy as ever. I look for joy everywhere, and I know you do, too.

The Tea Lady's Journal said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you. I married into an Irish family. I have never been to Ireland; but some of the family has and I have seen pictures. Would love to visit someday. Thanks for reminding us to "smile" and make the world a better place.

SImple and Serene Living said...

I haven't heard of that book. I'll have to look for it. Happy St. Patrick's Day. xo Laura

Bookie said...

Yes! A friend's daughter got me this book when she said the character reminded her of me!

marianne said...

Happy St. Paddy's Day to you too! I always wear a little bit of green as my husband is Irish and so are my kids.

I treated my husband and myself to a delicious chocolate cupcake with white icing and a beautiful shamrock made of green frosting on top. It was soooo good.

Never heard of the book, but will definitely look for it at the library. It sounds great.

Susan said...

Welcome to Sandra, from North Dakota, this blog's latest follower! Thanks so much for following, Sandra. That was great news.

Her blogs are Prairie Patchwork Quilts and Olde Tyme Furnishings.

Why not stop by and tell her you "met" her here?

Hugs to all. Susan

Nellie said...

That book was a favorite when I was teaching 3rd grade!

Related Posts with Thumbnails