Saturday, May 7, 2016

Marvelous "Muscari"


Seeing  bright, deep periwinkle-colored "muscari," (also called purple hyacinths), for the first time was enchanting.

 
After seeing how lovely they were,  I wanted some for the little round flower garden in the front yard.



So a couple of years ago, I planted some muscari in the garden bed.

They came up but sparingly.



This spring, however, they have multiplied and look soooo pretty.

There are a few tulips in the bed, too, and a couple of daffodils.

The squirrels de-headed two of them so I mixed cayenne pepper with water and poured it on the remaining tulips. 

Hope it works as a deterrent to those dreadful squirrels and the havoc they cause.


Despite warnings of possible frost, pansies were planted in several pots.



The perky blooms make me smile every day.


Those muscari? 



For however long they last, they are just gorgeous!

HAVE YOU EVER PLANTED "MUSCARI?"

5 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

No, I haven't planted that. I have to say your garden looks beautiful. I hope the frost for you is gone! Lovely garden. Happy Mother's Day.

marianne said...

Your spring flower garden is delightful. I'm sure the fairies enjoy it when you are not looking!

Kit said...

Yes they grow in my yard and are such a lovely flower. Your garden looks lovely! :) Kit

diane.stetson said...

Never planted them but I have lovely hydrangeas in my yard...a pink one is just coming out and I have yellow and white ones too. I love looking at them as you like looking at yours. So happy spring has sprung there.

TARYTERRE said...

Such beautiful flowers. A lovely garden. Hyacinths are one of my favorite flowers this time of year. Love the way they smell.

Related Posts with Thumbnails