Monday, June 20, 2016

The Blessings of Fathers...


I wish a warm and happy Father's Day to Dads everywhere.

It's not easy being a Dad.  

It takes hard work and lots of self-sacrifice.

It's expensive, too, to feed, clothe and bring up the kids.

I think of my own Daddy, long gone to the other side of life.

I loved him sooooo much.  

He was such a good person and had a warm and loving heart.

He was generous to the core.  

He had a funny sense of humor and made me laugh a lot.

Little things, like feeding wild birds that came to our yard on a daily basis, brought him great joy.

My life was extra blessed because my husband turned out to be a loving and dedicated father to our kids.

A father's influence is life-long.

Fathers, know that your children watch your every move, hear every word you say, and will remember the tiniest details of the years they lived with you.

A father is incredibly influential and important in the life of  a child.  Never doubt that.

Fathers (and mothers) become the mirrors in which your children learn their most important life lessons.

CAN YOU SHARE ONE THING, FUNNY OR OTHERWISE, THAT YOU LEARNED FROM YOUR FATHER OR A FATHER FIGURE IN YOUR LIFE?




3 comments:

diane.stetson said...

When I think of my Dad I think of the song " You're Daddies Little Girl to Have and to Hold" He had five daughters and no sons and loved all so much!

Chatty Crone said...

Well I do have to tell you in my case when I think of a Father - I do think of God - Jesus. The perfect one. Glad you had a nice Father's Day.

TARYTERRE said...

A lovely tribute to daddies everywhere.

Related Posts with Thumbnails