Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Memories of a Seaside Lunch



Seafood and summer go nicely together, especially when one is on vacation.

Now, summer travels are pretty much wrapped up in memories but ahhhh, what sweet ones they are.

Of course, whole clams and lobster rolls were my two yummy dishes of choice.

Instead of fries, it paid to ask if two veggies would be possible. 

The ones served were delicious squash and coleslaw. mmm mmm mmm


Our granddaughter had one of her faves---a hot dog with French fries.

Her main wish, however, was for dessert.

She chose strawberry shortcake, with fresh, summer berries, of course,  and it's shown at the very top of this post.




It came on a real biscuit with whipped cream.  Decadent.

We dined at the Ray Moore's Fish Shack in Rockport, Massachusetts.

They don't seem to have a website but, if interested, you can read more about the restaurant at Yelp,  here:

Loved the signs on the walls in the front lobby that were succinct but humorous.


 They are shown in today's post.

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE THING TO ORDER WHEN YOU ARE DINING WHILE ON VACATION?


5 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I like to look for local restaurants and eat there. Love the strawberry shortcake - coleslaw - and sweet potatoes!!!!!!!!!! lol

diane.stetson said...

Well it depends on where I'm at on vacation...If I'm in New England I order Lobster of any kind and steamed clams...If I'm in a foreign country then I like to try the food that is associated with that country. No matter where I go I love to try new things.

Bookie said...

I'm not big on fish anytime but right now chemo has tummy in knots. But strawberries look good!

janice15 said...

O i love the sign about the kids, so cute.. Nice to be on vacation and eat out as well.. Happy new week with love Janice

Linda O'Connell said...

I know this was fun for all of you. Have a great week, Susan.

Related Posts with Thumbnails