Friday, October 28, 2016

Welcome Lantern...


There's a new addition to the front porch. 

It's a little lantern on a homemade wooden stand.

A very dear friend, Patti,  gave it to me. 


She purchased it at a yard sale years ago.

It was originally painted a dark cranberry color but I spray painted it black to match the shutters of our old New England Colonial house.

It's so pretty and is like a little welcome light at night.



Each season, I will decorate it differently.

Right now, it's festooned with faux fall leaves.

WOULD YOU LIKE A LANTERN AT YOUR HOUSE?

11 comments:

The Tea Lady's Journal said...

I love your lantern on the homemade wooden stand and I think it looks just perfect painted black. A really nice way to say "Welcome"! It goes perfect with your New England Colonial house.

Susan said...

Welcoming, indeed! Isn't Fall a lovely season, XOXO

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Susan, it is really cute and a great addition to your porch!

diane.stetson said...

That lantern reminds me of a song called the old Lamplighter...remember that Susan. Enjoy it as I'm sure your friend did when she had it.

SImple and Serene Living said...

Love your lantern . It looks great and the black . XO Laura

Bookie said...

Your lantern is perfect! Enjoy!

Chatty Crone said...

Love your lantern - and some people have them in their yards and use gas - we used to have one like that. Very nice.

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, I love that little lantern on your front porch. It looks so charming. I have a cream colored lantern that I put out by the fireplace, and I fill it with holiday goodies as well. What a nice gift from your friend, Susan.

love, ~Sheri

Linda O'Connell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda O'Connell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alexis said...

Nice piece! Will you paint it or keep it black?

Related Posts with Thumbnails