Monday, May 15, 2017

Bouquet of Beauties


A bouquet of stunning flowers on the kitchen table has brought immense joy.

For more than a week, the blooms have rallied.


They are in an old-fashioned, very heavy pitcher.

My long-time friend, Patti, gave me the pitcher years ago. 



She knew I love cut glass objects.



Our friendship spans more than 50 years. 

 Right now is she facing severe health challenges and is in the hospital.

 (If you pray, would you say a prayer for Patti?)


The lilies, carnations and other spring flowers in the bouquet would make an exquisite painting.

DO YOU LOVE FLOWERS?  IF YES, WHY?

6 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

prayers are headed your friend's way. It is a charming pitcher. The cut glass is beautiful, for sure.

Karen Lange said...

Yes, I do love flowers! They make me smile and just brighten any day. Yours are lovely, and I love the pitcher, too. My mom had one similar to that; I think my sister has it now. I should track it down and see if I can borrow it. :) Have a great week!

Linda O'Connell said...

Prayers for Patti. The flowers and the pitcher are gorgeous. I LOVE that pitcher Have a great day.

SImple and Serene Living said...

How beautiful, Susan. Saying a prayer for Patti. xo Laura

diane.stetson said...

So sorry to hear Patti is in such poor health. I know she's been a faithful and generous friend for years. I love flowers although I do not buy them for myself often enough. I did get a beautiful azalea pink flower plant for Mother's day from a good friend. Your flowers are lovely . I especially love calia lilies...they smell so divine.

Barbara Neubeck said...

.. gorgeous cut glass pitcher Susan ...
I love flowers in the house .. they do make a room look happy ...
Prayers for your friend .. ....Barb ....

Related Posts with Thumbnails