Friday, May 12, 2017

Marvelous Muscari


A couple of years ago I saw little deep bluish/purple flowers growing in a town on the other side of Massachusetts.



The totally stunning blooms just grabbed my attention.

I found out they were called "muscari" or purple hyacinths.


Now muscari are not the kind of hyacinths found around Easter time, the highly fragrant kind of flower.

These are different hyacinths. They are small, cone-shaped flowers.


Anyway, I planted them in the front yard circle and just left them there throughout the winter.


The muscari survive winter well.

Last year they multiplied and this year, voila!  


There are even more muscari than ever.

They are so pretty and every time I look at them, they make me happy. 

HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF MUSCARI?

8 comments:

Linda O'Connell said...

Susan, they are so pretty. I love these and never knew their name. Will they continue to multiply like Sedum does?

diane.stetson said...

Oh I love those. No never heard of them but they are beautiful.

Bookie said...

An elderly neighbor used to grow these. Yours look lovely this spring!!!

SImple and Serene Living said...

How pretty. I have seen them but never knew what they were. xo Laura

Red Rose Alley said...

I've heard of hyacinths before, and these are lovely planted in your flower bed. It must have been a pleasant surprise to see them sprouting this Spring. Such a striking color.

Happy Mother's Day to my dear blog friend.

love, ~Sheri

Chatty Crone said...

I have not - they are beautiful - are you saying they keep coming up every year? Awesome. Happy mother's day! Sandie

TARYTERRE said...

i had never heard of muscari. they are charming flowers. very pretty indeed.

Kit said...

I have some of those! We call them Grape Hyacinths. So pretty and dainty. :) Kit

Related Posts with Thumbnails