Sunday, July 2, 2017

Life, Like Coffee, Is Good to the Last Drop


Some advertisements for products stay with us for a long, long time. That proves they were pretty effective ads.

One of those was for Maxwell House Coffee. "It's good to the last drop" consumers were told.  I never forgot that and hubs still drinks Maxwell House coffee.


These days, I've applied the coffee slogan to flowers!

Every time a rose bouquet graces our table, each blossom is treasured until the last moment of its life.


Then, when a rose can no longer hold up her head, it is snipped with a pair of scissors.


It is then placed in a little glass dish for a few more days of splendor.


Only when the rose can no longer be called living does it get removed from sight.



This preserving of roses until the last possible moment makes me think of human life, itself.

We must treasure each week, day, and moment of life.


We only get one shot at it so we have to make it the best we can.

Today, I hope you enjoy each moment of the precious gift of life.

PLEASE SHARE ONE ASPECT OF LIFE YOU TRULY APPRECIATE.

8 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Sweet post. I treasure my family!

Chatty Crone said...

I think that they are crone roses! lol - still beautiful in age.

Linda O'Connell said...

"A few more days of splendor..." that is poetic.

diane.stetson said...

I guess just waking up in the morning and breathing is a gift in itself. As I grow older I appreciate each and every day God gives me on earth.

Sandi said...

"PLEASE SHARE ONE ASPECT OF LIFE YOU TRULY APPRECIATE."

I am watching a movie on Netflix right now called Lighthouse of the Orcas. Just taking a break at the moment. It is about a man who communicates with orcas. He swims with them. He seems to know them. So, seeing as how I came across your post while in the midst of watching that, I would have to say I appreciate that I live in a world where someone thought of a man understanding orcas. It's based on a true story too. Amazing.

Red Rose Alley said...

The rose pictures are pretty, especially the reddish one with the blue background. It's nice that you keep your roses for as long as you can. I remember the slogan well for the Maxwell House Coffee. I still drink it at times (and Folgers), but my favorite is still the Starbuck's blend. : )

love, ~Sheri

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Such a sweet post with lovely photos. I love that you enjoy flowers and life fully. :)

TARYTERRE said...

appreciating the beauty in a lingering flower is wonderful indeed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails