Thursday, July 27, 2017

Old-Fashioned Beauty


Everyone's decorating style is different.

Mine tends to favor anything old-fashioned, as in Victorian.




When I found the "peacock" fireplace cover folded-up in a thrift shop, my heart skipped a beat.

Unhooking it, it fanned out in rather intricate splendor. 

The original post on it, which ran seven years ago, can be seen here.





It's one purchase I have never regretted.



All summer long, it covers the fireplace, adding a bit of old-fashioned charm to the living room.

NAME SOMETHING THAT YOU LOVE AND  HAVE USED FOR A LONG TIME IN YOUR HOME OR APARTMENT. TELL US ABOUT IT.

7 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

That fan is gorgeous! What an amazing find. I see your cranberry glass on the mantel. I have two pieces so not a 'collection'...yet! I love my pottery and have many special pieces I can't imagine ever giving up. Hugs!

Chatty Crone said...

I agree with Linda! I think that fan is exquisite! sandie

Red Rose Alley said...

Susan, you have some unique and special things in your home. This peacock fireplace cover is so charming. I've never seen anything like it. Love the antique gold.

Well, to answer your question.....I have a statue of a girl with her head tilted down (I call her my humble girl), and that's one item that I've kept for years. : )

TARYTERRE said...

the peacock screen is exquisite. perfectly charming. it was a great find.

Linda O'Connell said...

My daughter would be right at home in your home. She, too loves Victorian everything. Very pretty fan screen.

diane.stetson said...

Home made wreaths my sister Barb made me over twenty five years ago are still up where I put them...an embroidered picture she made me with religious poetry on it and many other very old things I hate to part with. Love your fireplace fan.

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

It's a wonderful addition. My home is filled with old things and I find that rather cozy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails