Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Farmers' Market Flowers


Farmers' markets are among the bet offerings of summer.

The fresh corn-on-the-cob, juicy tomatoes, yummy waxed beans and a huge array of other veggies and fruits are all delectable.


The fresh flowers are bright and cheerful, too.

Placed in a mason jar, they look just delightful.

The bouquet in this post went to a dear friend who has been struggling with health challenges.



The colors dazzled.

The brilliant shades were reminiscent of summer.

Think I'll go back to the market and get some blooms for the kitchen table! 




WHAT DO YOU LOVE MOST ABOUT FARMERS' MARKETS?

9 comments:

Linda said...

I do love Farmer's Markets except I grow virtually everything (floral, vegetables, fruits and herbal) right in my own back yard in abundance so I haven't needed to visit one for a very long time. :) Those are pretty flowers.

diane.stetson said...

Haven't been to one in years.. Enjoy the ones that you go to. Flowers are pretty. I like the ones they have at Trader Joe's where I live. Very inexpensive.

Chatty Crone said...

I love Farmer;s Markets - we have many different varieties here. I liked your flowers and I am sure your friend does too. sandie

Pam said...

I try to remember to pick up flowers at Kroger during the winter time. Summer time I bring them in from outside. These that you picked up are beautiful.

Kit said...

I just love that the whole town shows up and there is music and pastries and lots of veggies. Then down the road, everyone walks down to the People's Market where crafts and jewelry, plus much more is sold. Fun times! :) Kit

TARYTERRE said...

bouquets of flowers always brighten someones day.

Linda O'Connell said...

Saturday visits to Farmer's Markets in our town is a big thing.

Sandi said...

We have one near here. Everything seems so healthy! I feel good shopping there.


Red Rose Alley said...

Susan, I'm sorry to hear about your friend's health issues. That was nice of you to send her your flowers. There's so many things to see at Farmer's Markets.....the fruits and veggies, the assorted nuts, the flowers, and in the Fall they have pumpkin goodies. I like going to them very much.

~Sheri

ps...I noticed your blue glass in the window sill, soooo pretty. : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails