Saturday, August 26, 2017

Marvelous Mandevilla


Even though summer is winding down, lots of flowers in the yard are still in full bloom.

The mandevilla plant, shown at top of this post, now sports two passionate red blooms.

I thought the little plant was a goner after squirrels dug around her and dismantled her quite badly.

Hubs hung her on the porch, away from the bushy tailed rascals.

Mandevilla thanked him with the flashy red blooms that are sooooo pretty.

Some mandevilla plants are covered with blooms but since this one was mangled by squirrels,  I'm even happy for the double blossoms!

HOW DO YOU KEEP SQUIRRELS FROM HURTING YOUR PLANTS?

6 comments:

diane.stetson said...

No squirrels in my yard but plenty of cotton tail bunny rabbits...the kids love looking at them. Pretty flower Susan.

Kit said...

Sorry about your plant! But it looks like it will survive. I don't have a problem with the squirrels so much as the random deer and the heat. So far so good. Have a great weekend! Kit

TARYTERRE said...

glad you got some good blooms away from the pesky squirrels. beautiful, indeed.

janice15 said...

Im not sure how to stop them or any other animal. I have something that even digs some of my plants out of the dirt. And digs my ground cover up constantly it drives me crazy they who ever they are have ruined so many things... I get so irritated. I know we get raccoons and shunks but I dont know what else.. silly animals I love them all. BUT not tearing up my garden lol.. love and hugs Janice

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

How lovely to be gifted with any bloom at all. I figure anything we put outside is subject to the wild -- whether that be animals or the weather. The doves are always eating away at my plants, especially the fresh new tender shoots, but I don't mind because I'm sure they need it more than I do and they are good at dropping things which then means there's growth somewhere else. :) Happy Sunday!

Red Rose Alley said...

What a striking color and so pretty. Those mischievous squirrels always come around my front yard, and although I love taking pictures of them, I'm a bit afraid of them. I'm not familiar with the mandevilla, it's beautiful.

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails