Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Thinking of Victims in Texas


Thoughts and prayers go out to all who are affected by catastrophic events in Houston, Texas.

At breakfast today, as I sipped delicious coffee and ate cashew butter on toast, my thoughts immediately centered on the people of Texas who got whammed by Hurricane Harvey.

How grateful I felt to be in a warm, dry house, having breakfast with my husband. 

Thousands of men, women, and innocent little children are now homeless, trying to survive in challenging and dreadful conditions.

Imagine trying to find a spot in which to sleep with thousands of others nearby in a makeshift shelter.

The sheer task of finding clothing,  drinks, food and even bathrooms for all those people is daunting, at best. 

I think of  how horribly hard it must be for mothers with little babies and young children.  

The volunteers have an unbelievable task ahead just trying to bring some kind of order to the chaos.

Thank God people from many states, including Massachusetts, are heading to Texas to help.

Many of those who lost their homes don't even have flood insurance and have no where to live.

What, in heaven's name, are they going to do? Where will they go? How will they live?

It's all too much to contemplate so the best thing for me to do is just pray for them.  That, I can do.

HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN THE MIDDLE OF A MAJOR CRISIS LIKE THE PEOPLE OF HOUSTON?


5 comments:

Rebecca said...

No, I have never been....and no, I can't imagine.
It's hard to put my head around this and so many other WORSE things that have happened in our world...

Red Rose Alley said...

So sad what's happening to the people in Texas. I've been thinking of them a lot lately too, Susan. I also try to never forget that this is God's world, and He is taking care of it. This is a very nice post.

love, ~Sheri

Chatty Crone said...

I have been so blessed in my life. They say this is the worse in the US history. I am so sad and I have no idea what these poor people are going to do - I am sending some money and I am praying.

diane.stetson said...

Once as a little girl I remember my Grandparents home flooded and the street was also. It took place sometime in the 1950s...it was a hurricane but didn't reach my house...just my maternal grandparents house....nothing like Texas though....Prayers for all there and in the state of Louisiana too.

TARYTERRE said...

i too have been worrying and thinking about the people in texas affected by harvey. terrible, indeed. i'm saying prayers for them and sending some money via the red cross to help.

Related Posts with Thumbnails