Thursday, August 31, 2017

All in a Summer's Afternoon


It's always fun to go to a restaurant one's been wanting to try.


A dear friend, Lori, and I did just that this summer.


It's called Pleasant and Main, (Cafe, General Store) and is located in the small New England town of Housatonic.

The decor at the restaurant is definitely unique.

There are antiques galore and lots to look at.


The food was okay but, to my tastes, not fabulous. 

I didn't find any pieces of lobster in my bisque and the rest of the lunch was unexciting.



My friend had French toast that she deemed just "okay."


Actually, I liked the decor  of the restaurant more than the food.


There is a funky patio out back that is quite out-of-the-ordinary.



Visiting Pleasant and Main is one item off the "would like to try" list.

DO YOU ENJOY TRYING NEW PLACES FOR LUNCH?

7 comments:

Sandi said...

You had me at lobster bisque!

diane.stetson said...

I love to try new places for lunch but seldom get the chance to. Looks like a nice place in Housatonic as I know you like antiques....sorry you didn't give the food rating a good score.

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Rats about lunch being adequate, but nothing to write home about. Hopefully, that wonderful decor made the trip worth it.

Wishing you a pleasant weekend...
Brenda


Linda O'Connell said...

Well that IS a unique place to dine and visit. have you ever been to Polly's Pancakes in Franconia Notch, NH?

Chatty Crone said...

Susan I do love to go to new places and investigate - very much so!

TARYTERRE said...

it's a shame the food wasn't better than it was. but the decor sure sounded nice. glad you got to try it out.

Red Rose Alley said...

I love that blue plate that the French toast is on, it's soooo pretty. It looks like there's a lot of unique items to look at, especially that cute doll house. Yes, I like to try new places, but it seems that there's nothing like the hole in the wall cafes and restaurants that are family owned. : )

love, ~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails