Saturday, September 2, 2017

Sweet Treat for the "Birdies"


Old cereal is for the birds!

That phrase definitely came true while cleaning out the pantry food shelves.



Some old cereal that bore resemblance to Fruit Loops was there.

Rather than toss the bag into the trash, I used it with a little visitor to make colorful treat strings for the birdies out back.



Oh, what fun we had stringing those small, colorful "donuts."

Whether the feathered friends will nibble on the stale treats is anyone's guess.

Since we buy the best quality possible nut and berry mix for them already, it's dubious whether they'll like the treat.


It made for a great summer afternoon activity, though,  and that was worth it, in itself!

DO YOU FEED THE BIRDS?

9 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I bet they will especially since you had such a sweet little helper!

Red Rose Alley said...

What a great idea as a treat for the birds. And this colorful cereal is bound to bring them around. Sometimes if I get a loaf to go with my Starbuck's coffee, I will throw a nibble or two to the birds. : )

Have a sweet weekend, Susan.

love, ~Sheri

Sandi said...

In the 1st photo it looks like the fruit loops are lining up to climb in the bowl. :)

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

I'm curious. Did the birds eat the cereal? I'll bet the squirrels were confused. :)

diane.stetson said...

I don't because there are rats galore in our neighborhood.

Kit said...

Definitely! I just love watching them fly all around my feeders. Question for you. Do you see those 3 pics at the bottom of your post that says You might also like? I had those on my blog and now they are gone. Can you tell me how you put them on there? Thanks, Kit

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Looks like a great activity if nothing else. I put out birdseed and water on my bedroom balcony every day for our feathered friends. A few doves and sparrows come to visit right now. Look forward to cooler weather when more will be flitting about.

SImple and Serene Living said...

Sounds like a fun activity with some one special. What could be better than that. xo Laura

TARYTERRE said...

what a sweet activity yielding a wonderful treat for the birdies.

Related Posts with Thumbnails