Sunday, September 3, 2017

Soaring with the Angels


Claudia Mundell, a very dear blogging friend, has lost her battle with cancer.

It was with great sorrow that I learned close to midnight last night that she had died. 

One of her friends, Nancy, sent me an email.

Claudia's blog is Claudia's Page.

A Missouri resident, she was also known as Bookie, for her love of the written word.

Although I never met Claudia in person, we had a precious bond as fellow writers tend to have with each other.

Her writing was so beautiful. She could literally paint a picture with words.

Her words were often so profound that they could touch the heart.

I loved when she talked about the simple pleasures of life like having tea out on her deck, going on  excursions with her husband, Dave, to see new places, her sons and grandchildren, and attending book club meetings.


She also loved anything southwest and was proud of some of her Native American heritage.

One day in the mail, I received a small package.

Claudia knew how much I loved dollhouses and dollhouse miniatures.  


She sent me two tiny red glass pitchers that had once belonged to her grandmother.
As a child, she used to look into the glass fronted cabinet where her grandmother kept some treasures, including the red pitchers, but Claudia was never allowed to touch them.

I was so honored to be the recipient of such treasures.

Claudia fought long and hard since the moment she learned she had cancer.   No doubt, she suffered greatly.

Truly, a light has gone out in the world and in my own world as well. Sadness fills my thoughts and spirit.

For so many months now, Claudia has been in countless prayers of many friends, myself included.

Now, she is soaring with the angels and her writing will continue to touch lives here on earth.

"I will miss you deeply, dear Claudia." 


9 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Dear Susan, I am so sorry to hear about your dear blog friend. The red glass pitchers she gave you are really very special, as they belonged to her grandmother before. That is special gift to cherish, along with her wonderful friendship. She sounds like a beautiful person. Thinking of you and sending thoughts of comfort and love.

~Sheri

Linda O'Connell said...

Susan, I feel exactly the same way. She was a lovely person with a good heart. She was a good blog buddy to many St. Louis writers. My prayers are for her husband and sons and grandchildren. She suffers no more. Hugs.

Chatty Crone said...

I did not know her, but she seems like a wonderful person. How long were you blog buddies? I am glad she is not in pain anymore. You will always remember her Susan. Hugs.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

So sorry to read this news about this sweet lady. Blogging friendships are special ones.

diane.stetson said...

So sorry for your loss Susan. I hope that you cherish the gifts she gave you. Blog friends from all over the world are very special.

Anonymous said...

Sad for you
❌⭕️❤️

TARYTERRE said...

so sorry to hear about this loss to you and the blogging world. it is so sweet she gave you those two pitchers. something you can treasure forever with memories of your dear blogging buddy.

Unknown said...

X

Karen Lange said...

So sorry, Susan, to hear about the loss of your dear friend. My thoughts and prayers are with you and her friends and family.

Related Posts with Thumbnails