Monday, September 4, 2017

The Fun of Country Fairs





Country fairs are among the most fun events to attend.



Add a few kids to your entourage and a day at the fair will be even more fun.



I love the oohs and ahs of little ones when they see their first  live cow.





There were a lot of bovines at a late summer fair we attended in Cummington, located in western Massachusetts.

Some of them were really huge creatures----far bigger than I ever imagined---but they shrunk next to a massive bull!  




He was a real mega papa.

Baa baa black and white sheep were also aplenty at the fair.


Their soft, wooly coats felt nice under tiny hands.

Of course, all the food one finds at a fair smelled good. 

Hamburgers, hotdogs, candy apples, tacos, cotton candy and dozens of other offerings had hundreds of fair-goers munchng as they walked.

Rides, including a huge ferris wheel, brought smiles and more fun to attendees.


In the kids' section, there was puzzle making, milking a not-so-real cow, yarn bracelet-making and much more.



Long live country fairs!

HAVE YOU BEEN TO A COUNTRY FAIR?  IF YES, WHAT'D YOU LIKE ABOUT IT?


6 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my goodness I remember everything you took pictures of. We took the kids when they were young and then we took Andy and now it has been quite awhile. Thanks for the memories. But she had a BLAST!

Anonymous said...

We have a huge county fair here in Orange County. There are big name entertainers and bands, tons of carnival rides, booths and prizes for home made food and crafts and animals galore who have won prizes. I have gone several times but stay away from crowds as I get older. There ia a huge parking fee and admission fee. So glad your little country fair pleased you.

Sandi said...

AN ALPACA!!!!

:-)


Terra said...

I like your photos of the animals and all those cows. Cows have their own quiet beauty. My fav part of fairs is all the animals, especially draft horses.

Kit said...

Oh what a fun time! I love county fairs. And I love the animals the best! Especially cows. Oh, I found out how to get the pics back on my blog. You helped me by having it on your blog and there is a little name on the bottom I could use. :) Kit

TARYTERRE said...

The animals at the fair are always fun to see. I love the ALPACAS. that was certainly a sweet little girl. what a pretty bracelet.

Related Posts with Thumbnails