Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Unique General Store in New York


On an excursion to Caanan, New York, we made a stop at the General Store.

Run by an Amish couple, ( the lady was originally from Ohio), it was a treat for all the senses.


We saw all kinds of unique products such as soup mixes, (I bought broccoli cheese), lime and other flavored pie fillings, bright red tomatoes, big loaves of freshly baked bread and lots more.






Many of the products come from Amish communities in Pennsylvania.
                                                                      (That's sunshine on the middle tomato below.)


Lightly frosted "fried pies" had just come out of the oven and were still warm.


A bite of one with raspberry filled was ambrosial.

HAVE YOU EVER BEEN TO A STORE RUN BY THE AMISH?

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh my, my mouth is watering right now! What a delicious array of food! And what a delightful place to visit.

I hope you are well, dear one. Hugs!

Red Rose Alley said...

Look at all the goodies. These tomatoes look nice and ripe, and I can smell that bread from here. Homemade fried pies, have never heard of that. They look amazing. General stores are so charming, and they're usually run by a family. I remember the one I used to go to when I was growing up. I've always wanted to visit Amish country. So glad you got to stop at the general store, Susan.

love, ~Sheri

ps.....I love your Header. It looks like Autumn. I am patiently awaiting the season. : )

diane.stetson said...

I've been to their villages in Pennsylvania and enjoyed looking at all their wares a long time ago.Glad you got to their general store. My favorite thing to eat was their shoofly pie.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I've not but would love too! Someday a trip up North will happen!

Chatty Crone said...

I have always, always wanted to, but have not - sadly.

TARYTERRE said...

amish stores are always extremely nice to visit. all those homemade goodies. i liked seeing the pies and the scrubbies at the one you visited.

Linda O'Connell said...

Someone recently gifted us a loaf of Amish wheat bread. OH MY, it was dense and delicious. They are such good made from scratch cooks. You have such wonderful experiences. Enjoy the upcoming weekend.

Related Posts with Thumbnails