Monday, September 18, 2017

Nutmeg Scented Geranium


Garden centers are great places to visit.

Even if one doesn't have a specific purchase in mind, its delightful to look at all the unique and varied plants on hand.

While visiting a garden center in New York state recently, on an excursion, I bought some lemon verbena and a most cherished nutmeg geranium.

  The fragrance that comes out when one rubs a leaf between the fingers is heavenly and is very reminiscent of the nutmeg used in baking.  Mmm mmm Wonderful scent!

Fragrant geraniums have always been favorites of mine but I've never had one with a nutmeg scent before.

How about you?  Have you ever grown a scented geranium?




DO YOU ENJOY GOING TO GARDEN CENTERS?

6 comments:

Debbie said...

I never even knew there were scented geraniums! Wonderful :-)

Linda O'Connell said...

What a wonderful discovery to make reading your blog, Susan. Nutmeg-scented geraniums. WOW!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I love looking at all the plants but since I have limited gardening area I get sad that I can't have it all!

Red Rose Alley said...

A geranium plant with the scent of nutmeg, that's interesting. They used to have lemon verbena way back when, and the women wore it as perfume. I'd love to smell it sometime. Garden centers are so delightful, and in addition to all the wonderful flowers, I always come across a hummingbird fluttering about. : )

love, ~Sheri

Chatty Crone said...

I knew there were scented geraniums!!!!!!!!!!!

TARYTERRE said...

i didn't know there were nutmeg geraniums. how cool is that.

Related Posts with Thumbnails