Thursday, October 5, 2017

Barbie the Mermaid Cake


When it comes to making birthday cakes, creativity and patience are both "must haves."

A niece of mine, Amy, is a master birthday cake maker. 



Actually, she makes fabulous cakes for all occasions.

We've previously highlighted other cakes she's made in the past and they were always awesome.

Her most recent masterpiece was the Barbie Mermaid cake shown in today's post.


It was for a five-year-old whose party theme was mermaids!

There was even a "Lego" treasure chest filled with candies!



What a cake!  What a party!  Wowsers.

The decorations for the extravaganza were wonderful, too, and everyone had a great time.

It was a memorable celebration for a darling and precious five- year-old. 

DO YOU PREFER HOMEMADE OR STORE BOUGHT CAKES FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY CELEBRATIONS?


9 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Since I don't bake I buy a cake! My Mother In Law use to make and decorate the best cakes for my kids birthday parties.

diane.stetson said...

Beautiful cake. She takes right after her Mother when it comes to making birthday cakes.

Red Rose Alley said...

What a fabulous Birthday cake! I hope your niece had a fun time on her special day. When I saw your title on my side bar "Barbie the Mermaid Cake," I came right over because I LOVE Barbie's and used to play with them all the time growing up. I still have mine to this day. The Lego treasure chest filled with candy is a clever idea. This is a colorful and fun cake for sure.

love, ~Sheri

Chatty Crone said...

I want this BARBIE cake! It looks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD.

TARYTERRE said...

the cake looks scrumptious. creative and clever too.

SImple and Serene Living said...

What an amazing cake.

Babs said...

Creativity runs in our family’s blood. What a wonderful gift!!!

Susan said...

I remember making Barbie Doll cakes for my girls. My granddaughter would love this Mermaid one...that's what she wants to be when she grows up:-) Have a great weekend! XOXO

Linda O'Connell said...

beautiful cake!

Related Posts with Thumbnails