Monday, January 22, 2018

Find Joy

Into each life some rain must fall.

Lots of rain is forecast this week for the area in which we live.

While the grayness of the sky doesn't thrill, rain is okay unless it freezes and becomes slick
ice.  


Temps, however, are supposed to be warm enough so the rain won't freeze. Yippah.

In the midst of each new day, it's important to find  and do something we love.

You've heard the expression "You cannot pour from an empty cup," right?

If one finds something that brings joy, and does it, that helps fill the cup.

For me, dipping into the world of dollhouse miniatures and dolls brings joy, as well as writing.


After the cup is even partially filled, the chores and errands will definitely get done.

Here are some other things that bring me joy----grandchildren, carousels, flowers, interior decorating, photography, reading and writing.

NAME A FEW THINGS THAT BRING YOU JOY AND SHARE WITH US, WILL YOU?

6 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

That carousal is not a miniature is it? We are supposed to get rain today too - hope you stay well!!!!!!!!!!

diane stetson said...

Music, musicals, movies, grandchildren, family visits, warm weather, sunshine, singing, and reading.

Sandi said...

Things that bring me joy:

My kids
My great-nephew
My wonderful hubby :)
Star Trek!

TARYTERRE said...

you have picked wonderful things to bring you joy. i don't like ice but rain is ok.

Gillian said...

Got to fill our cup

Red Rose Alley said...

We must be kindred spirits, Susan, because all the things that bring you joy, bring me joy too. The only difference is that I haven't read a good book in a long time. The ones I read are usually children's books. : ) Little Francesca brings me GREAT JOY! And Photography.

I can see why your dollhouse brings you joy. Keep playing and imagining.

love, ~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails