Friday, February 2, 2018

One Good Thing About Winter


Late afternoon sunlight in the winter always floods our kitchen with the prettiest golden light.


When it hits the crystal cross and angel on a windowsill angel, dozens of rainbows form and dance on the walls, ceiling, and furniture.


Even the Mexican tiles behind the stove look brighter than usual.





Blue and white plates on one wall have patterns  from the sunlight coming through the small side window.



Nighttime is coming and can be quite chilly but the late afternoon simple scenes provide warmth to get us through.


IS THE LIGHT IN WINTER DIFFERENT FROM OTHER SEASONS WHERE YOU LIVE?

6 comments:

Sandi said...

My great-aunt and great-uncle had crystals that made rainbows like that on their walls. Happy, peaceful memories!

Chatty Crone said...

Your home is very pretty. I like the lights. I have to be honest - our house doesn't face a certain direction. I don't ever get direct sunlight which if I had thought about it - I would have bought something a bit different. However, it is my home and I love it!

Kit said...

I love the pics of your kitchen. Our sun is so low on the horizon right now,that I only get direct sunlight in my craft room in the morn. Been rather gray but cozy lately.:) Kit

Linda O'Connell said...

i love your kitchen! you have such a decorator's touch.

diane stetson said...

Boy take that sunshine while you can get it !

TARYTERRE said...

what pretty rainbows the sunlight leaves dancing on your walls. enjoy the warmth they bring.

Related Posts with Thumbnails