Sunday, May 13, 2018

Post Mother's Day Thoughts


While cooking for family members on Mother's Day morning, my memory traveled back to childhood days.

It was very exciting for my four sisters and me to make breakfast for our Mom, put it on a tray, and then carry it up to her bedroom so she could have breakfast in bed.

Mummy never complained if the toast was too dark (like burned) or if the coffee was weak.  She just smiled and exclaimed surprise and delight.

It's so amazing that even now, a grandmother myself, I still miss Mummy.

I learned a lot about life from her. 

She was sweet and funny, too, and she sure adored her five daughters. 



Each Mother' s Day, she presented us with greeting cards and a single flower, either a rose or a carnation.

Our mothers have an indelible influence in our lives, minds, and hearts, don't you think?

WHAT IS ONE OF THE BEST THINGS YOUR MOM EVERY TOLD YOU?

6 comments:

Terra said...

Hey, it is still Mothers Day, so I am wishing you Happy Mothers Day. My day was fabulous with my sons at my house. How sweet that you sisters made your mom breakfast and even the burnt toast was accepted.

TARYTERRE said...

Happy Mothers day. this was a charming tribute to your mom.

diane stetson said...

More things are wrought by prayer than this world dreams of. That's what Mom told me all the time. I miss her too ....

Chatty Crone said...

I think my mom showed me how to be strong in the face of adversity!

Linda O'Connell said...

I loved this cheerful post. And those photos on the last post are gorgeous.

Red Rose Alley said...

What a wonderful memory you have of your mother, Susan. Did you know that the Carnation is my second favorite flower? We surely are kindred spirits, aren't we?

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails