Monday, August 13, 2018

A Seaside Village in Massachusetts


The seaside village of Rockport, Massachusetts, bustles with tourists in the summer.

One wonders what it might be like there when old man winter rears his frosty head.


Shops, restaurants, and, best of all, seaside views make this a truly lovely spot to visit in the warmer seasons.


It was a delight to walk up the slight hill along Bearskin Neck. 


At the top, ocean views on three sides are quite breathtaking, especially at sunset.



It was mesmerizing to just sit on one of the benches and look out over the water as the sun dipped lower and lower into the golden horizon.  


Mother Nature in a place like Rockport definitely calms the nerves and makes lovely memories to think about when winter comes once again.


WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE WAY OF SPENDING TIME OUTDOORS IN THE SUMMER?

5 comments:

diane stetson said...

I like to go to the pool in my neighborhood and to the lake very near me and then to the ocean which is fifteen minutes away. I love to be near water as I live in such a very dry climate. We do not have winter here and it doesn't rain until the fall. Sunshine and beautiful sunsets all year round. Rockport looks lovely.

Chatty Crone said...

I have to tell you those photos are so pretty there - I hope I can go there one day.

TARYTERRE said...

what a serene beautiful place.

SImple and Serene Living said...

What a beautiful peaceful place. xo Laura

Linda O'Connell said...

I spent a very memorable afternoon at this port town. It's so quaint, beautiful, and historic.

Related Posts with Thumbnails