Friday, August 17, 2018

Empanadas


Empanadas are little turnovers made and served in several Central and South American countries.

My very first introduction to an empanada was many years ago by my very first Spanish teacher, Luz.

She was from Colombia.

One bite of that empanada sold me on them for life.

Inside was a tasty meat filling.

It was not too spicy but very flavorful.  

It had onions and potatoes, too. 

Wouldn't you know it, just recently, a dear woman, Maria, from Colombia, told me her mother was visiting from her native country.

Guess what she was making that very afternoon?  Uh huh.  Empanadas.

In typical South America style, she invited hubs and I to her house that very night to enjoy some of her mother's freshly made Colombian treats.  

One bite brought me back to many decades ago when I was young, single, and enjoying Luz's empanadas.

Empanadas are truly tasty treats!

      HAVE YOU EVER HAD AN EMPANADA?

6 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I have had them - our 'chef' at church had them for one of our Faithful Followers meal. It was delicious.

Now you are not going to believe this - but your flower crystal candle holder - I HAVE THE EXACT SAME ONE! I love it.

sandie

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I have had them and they are so good!

diane stetson said...

I have never tasted an empanada. I'm not a fan of that kind of food but I would like to try one sometime.

Linda O'Connell said...

i have enjoyed fruit filled empanadas, but meat filled sounds yummy!

Merlesworld said...

I had something like this at Yum Chow.
Mele............

Red Rose Alley said...

My mother used to make empanadas often, as she was of Spanish heritage. She made them a bit different though. I guess you can fill them with other goodies. This one with onions and potatoes looks YUMMY.

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails