Saturday, September 29, 2018

Fireplace Mantel in the Fall


A garland of faux autumn leaves has been added to the fireplace mantel.

There is a beautiful lace runner on it, too, which was given by a dear friend.



Usually in the fall, the cranberry glass pieces are moved from the mantel but not this year.


My thinking was that the pretty pink color of the glass might meld nicely with the color of the autumn leaves.  It does.



There is a pretty maple/hazelnut candle burning on the mantel, too. It is filling the living room with delectable fragrance.

The little Victorian ceramic lady is there, basking in the light of the candle.



Remember how I found her, all dirty and almost hidden, on the $1.00 table at a yard sale this past summer?



She's all cleaned up now, and scrubbed clean.  She's beautiful!

The autumn fireplace mantel is now complete.

HOW WILL YOU MAKE THIS WEEKEND SPECIAL?    PLEASE TELL US!


6 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Your home is GORGEOUS - I love how you decorate for every season and that you remember where you got what!

My kids are on their way home today! I am excited.

diane stetson said...

I am having a quiet weekend getting ready for a trip soon. Had my grandsons for dinner last night and babysat them and we had a wonderful time. Enjoy your lovely fall décor.

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

You got a real bargain when you found that lovely ceramic doll. She is lovely.
And your mantelpiece is ready for autumn indeed. Such a pretty vignette.

In response to your question about making this weekend special ... two things:

1. This afternoon, I'm off to a writerly event to see if I can meet a local new-to-me poet at this writers' panel. I wrote about her book in the recent giveaway. Her name is Shawna Lemay. I'm hoping to get an autograph. Funny, we're never too old to get autographs, are we?

2. My sister and I are attending a Paul McCartney concert in Edmonton Alberta tomorrow evening. We are excited. Hubbies didn't want to deal with crowds and noise, so we're doing a sister duo.

Wishing you a lovely weekend, Susan.
Brenda xox

Linda O'Connell said...

Susan, that mantel is so attractive. I love it! I'm decorating for fall today. Photos to come.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Maple-hazelnut ... mmmm ... I need to go buy a fallish candle pronto. Happy October!

Red Rose Alley said...

Your fireplace mantel looks cozy and just right for the season. And I LOVE LOVE the porcelain lady. I always look for these figurines, but don't come across them that often. She is beautiful. The cranberry glass pieces and candle add charm too.

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails