Saturday, June 22, 2019

"He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not"


It's funny how looking at something registers an immediate thought in our minds.  

While walking in the countryside recently, some wild daisies made me smile.

Thoughts in my mind went back to childhood when we  plucked each elongated petal from a single daisy.

"He loves me, he loves me not" were the words we recited with each petal we removed.

If the final petal merited a "He loves me,"  we were thrilled.

If it was "He loves me not,"  we'd throw the stripped daisy on the ground, pick another one, and start all over again.

Luckily, my forever love really did, and does, love me!  ha!

WHAT, IF ANYTHING, DO YOU LIKE ABOUT DAISIES?

6 comments:

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Now that's a fun memory, Susan. Yes, and if the plucking of the petals didn't turn out right with the little chant, we'd throw it away and pick a new blossom. Haha.

To me, daisies are cheerful flowers. I just have to see one in a garden or meadow and feel my face breaking into a smile.

"I'll give you a daisy a day, Dear
I'll give you a daisy a day..."

Wishing you a cheerful, daisy-like day!
Brenda xox

diane stetson said...

Daisy, daisy, give me your answer true
I'm half crazy over the love of you.

Remember that one Susan? That's what I think of when I look at a daisy.

Chatty Crone said...

Of course they love you! Did you see the one - it looks like a smile on it!

Linda O'Connell said...

Oh my, you took me back a few decades. Have a great weekend.

Red Rose Alley said...

I smiled when you said "it's funny how looking at something registers an immediate thought in our minds," cause daisies remind me of my mom. I'm not sure why, she didn't really mention often that she liked them, but they just do. They're such a simple pretty flower. I tried growing them in my garden once, but they didn't make it. Maybe planted them in the wrong place. Thank you for the memories of my sweet mom today.

Have a lovely Sunday, Susan.

~Sheri

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Funny how we did that even when a boy wasn't involved. It was just the thing to do. I love any flower that grows willingly and wildly. With more and more people planting here, seeds make their way to interesting places. I love seeing daisies pop up when the season is right.

Related Posts with Thumbnails