Friday, July 5, 2019

Happy Birthday, America


This is usually a day of celebration.

American flags fly.

Drummers drum.



Cymbals clash.

Trumpets blast.

Flutes play.

Units march.



Floats delight.



After parades, burgers, hotdogs, and steaks sizzle on hot grills.

Potato salad, pickles, chips, and more fill tummies.

Despite all the injustices, sorrows, and unknowns many people in our country are experiencing this year, we still have hope that things will change for the better.


This year, more than ever before in the history of this country, we must never forget what a privilege freedom is and all who fought for it.

WHAT DOES FREEDOM MEAN TO YOU?  PLEASE SHARE WITH US.

4 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Free to chose and believe the way we feel - and not to be punished for it. And man are we blessed to be born here in the USA. BORN IN THE USA!

Red Rose Alley said...

Happy Fourth of July Susan! I hope you had a pleasant day. I love that drummer photo - that is awesome.

~Sheri

diane stetson said...

I'm Proud to Be an American where I know that I am FREE...one of my favorite songs. Happy Birthday America ...the best place to live on earth. I'm so happy to have been born in this country. I pledge allegiance to the flag.

Babs said...

Ne too

Related Posts with Thumbnails