Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Thrifty Purchases



One of the joys of thrift store and yard sale shopping is never knowing what treasures may be found.

At one recent yard sale, in a package of decorative party food "toothpicks," came sweet little clowns in different colored outfits.

It was a given that the grands would fall in love with these charmers. They did, and so did Grammie.


Another wowser purchase were the amber glass dishes.

They are so pretty and perfect for fall.


They were found in a Goodwill thrift store for the hefty price of 35 cents each!  Yippah.


Recently, while hosting houseguests, both new purchases were used.



The picks came in handy on the fruit tray!

WHAT WAS YOUR LAST FUN PURCHASE?

7 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

what great thrift finds. they are perfect compliments to an autumn table. enjoy.

Chatty Crone said...

I have never seen amber 'plates' I really like those!

nothoughtsnoprayersnonothing said...

I have given a bunch of 'junk' to the Goodwill. Then a friend buys it and it will look so cute in her house. I don't have the knack for knick knacks. :(

SImple and Serene Living said...

My mom had those little clowns. So cute. xo Laura

R's Rue said...

Love.

diane stetson said...

My last purchase was at Plimouth Plantation and I got some little gifties for my grandchildren there.

Kit said...

Everything looks great!! My last purchase was a set of salt and pepper shakers I saw on Instagram. In one of the patterns I collect! Have a great weekend. Kit 😊

Related Posts with Thumbnails