Monday, December 16, 2019

Decorative Window Boxes



While driving through a town in western Massachusetts recently, the car almost stopped in the middle of the road.


A bank had the most gorgeous window boxes imaginable.

There were green pine branches, red and gold balls, and big red bows, too.


The camera in my mind snapped a photo.

Luckily, the store I was driving to had large red bows that weren't too expensive as well as some red Christmas balls. 


Returning home, the small pine tree in the back yard got a little trim and the cut branches were placed into the front yard window boxes.

Then came the red balls as well as some faux poinsettias that were on hand. 


Hubs attached the big red bows. 

While there certainly is no money here, like in a bank. the window boxes look quite festive, don't you agree?


Not a single red ball was lost during the recent snow storm either. Yippah!

HAVE YOU SEEN HOW WINDOWBOXES  ARE DECORATED IN DIFFERENT COUNTRIES?

4 comments:

Linda O'Connell said...

LOVE your window boxes. Always wanted them ever since visiting Polly's Pancake Parlor in Franconia Nothch, NH. Yours look so pretty.

diane stetson said...

Yes there are wonderful window boxes in Bavaria and other parts of Europe like Switzerland. I loved seeing them when I was there. I think the red bows are lovely Susan.

Red Rose Alley said...

What a charming window box, Susan. It looks so nice with the poinsettias and the red balls and bows. It looks beautiful all covered in snow. What a creative and festive project.

It's almost Christmas! And my blog friend is very special to me. : )

~Sheri

Chatty Crone said...

Sheri we don't have window boxes here, but if I did I would do the same thing - I love what you did - red and white is striking!

Related Posts with Thumbnails