Sunday, December 29, 2019

Improvise


Sometimes, when things are less good than one wants, it's okay to improvise.

Like the other night, while relaxing in the living room, the desire to build a wood-burning fire in the fireplace was quite nil.

However, having flickering flames would be so comforting, so soothing.

Quick as a bunny, I ran around and collected candles in glass jars.


Lighted all of them up, combining a variety of scents.

It was a perfect solution to a full-fledged fire.  I improvised.

When life throws us curve balls and we are taken by surprise, switch gears and just improvise.

There is good in even the worst possible situation.  

Our Creator is not limited to things of this earth.  

He remains in our hearts, minds, and thoughts until things stabilize again and they always do.

 

COULD YOU GIVE US AN EXAMPLE OF ONE TIME THAT YOU IMPROVISED?

5 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

You know what - Susan - I don't think I would have thought of that in a million years - but now you have given me an idea.
When in Rome do as the Romans do. I say that a lot - so I must improvise - I just don't remember an example now.

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, I thought that was a fire going, Susan. You improvised well. I can't tell you how many times I've had to improvise with things big and small haha. You are always positive with your words and actions, dear friend. I look forward to more of your wonderful posts in the new year. They are inspiring and uplifting. : )

~Sheri

Linda O'Connell said...

Oh Susan, I did the same thing and I put a mirror behind it which made the flickering candles seem to warm the entire room.

Terra said...

I like your idea of lighting candles in the fireplace. We could even do that in hot weather instead of a fire.

Play said...

Do something business-related every day. You need to do at least one daily task that is part of your MLM strategy to keep your business going. play bazaar
satta king

Related Posts with Thumbnails