Friday, December 6, 2019

Sweet Baby Jesus Boy, "Oh Come Let Us Adore Him"


Two small angels look lovingly over the sweetest little baby.


He's wide awake and nestled in straw that has been piled into a little "wooden" cradle.

This is all part of a music box found in some random thrift store.



When wound, really beautiful  music comes out, playing "Oh Come All Ye Faithful."

You know how some music boxes sound tinny or run so quickly one can hardly distinguish the melody?


Well, not this one. It emits  clear, lovely sounds.  

Looking on the bottom of the little scene the word "Japan" can be spotted on a small sticker.


One can also see that it's from the 1970s and has "Fran Mar" on it.

The little music box, this year, takes the center spot in the middle of the advent wreath.

It helps us to remember the reason for the season!


TELL US ABOUT ONE DECORATION YOU HAVE HAD IN YOUR HOUSE FOR DECADES.


6 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

O Come Let Us Adore Him!

Your music box is very special, Susan.

~Sheri

TARYTERRE said...

beautiful.

Chatty Crone said...

Surprising to me it was made in Japan - maybe the person who made those enjoyed learning the song!

Linda O'Connell said...

That is so sweet. I gifted my son and his family a baby Jesus music box we had in our family when he was a child. Precious. Hope you are feeling better.

diane stetson said...

I have several music boxes that play Christmas music. I love my music boxes as I love Christmas music. I also have several that play other type songs. They are keepsakes for me. Your baby Jesus one is lovely.

SImple and Serene Living said...

I have some Christmas items form when I was child. They bring me great comfort. xo Laura

Related Posts with Thumbnails