Monday, February 24, 2020

Tulips!


A very dear friend, Donna,  brightened not just a day but the whole month by bringing beautiful pink tulips as a gift.


Placed in a white milk glass vase, they have brought so much beauty and joy to our home.



Tulips are such beautiful flowers and are so reminiscent of spring-to-come.




There is a song about tulips that we used to sing, as kids.


It might have been a Girls Scouts song. 



These are the words to it:

Here, look in my garden bed —
Something beautiful is growing!
Bright shaped like a cup of red
Tulips open to the sun!

Last night it was small and green,
flame-like now it is a-growing,
This one is the first I’ve seen,
Now sweet weather has begun!


Isn't it funny how a song or a poem from our days when we were kids can still come to mind and bring us back to a long, long, time ago?


WHAT IS ONE SONG FROM YOUR CHILDHOOD THAT STAYS WITH YOU EVEN TODAY?

7 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

First of all tulips are my favorite flower - I don't remember that in scouts tho.
That milk glass vase is gorgeous.
My mom sang You Are My Sunshine, I sang it to my daughter, and my daughter has sung it to my grandson. We will see if it continues one day.
Love and hugs, sandie

Linda O'Connell said...

Those tulips are beautiful. The color reminds me of the inside of a conch shell and transports me to the beach, which I love. It also reminds me of the tender cheek of a newborn baby and fills my heart with love for my children, grands, and greats. It reminds me of renewal, the promise of tomorrow when we don't know what tomorrow holds. This color inspires me. Thanks for posting; the color had a calming effect on me.

SImple and Serene Living said...

Isn't it amazing how some sweet spring flowers can really lift our spirits on a winter's day. Beautiful tulips. xo Laura

Red Rose Alley said...

Your pink tulips look so nice in the white milk vase, Susan. It especially looks lovely sitting on the doily. Yes, a sign that Spring is coming. I see hints of it already where I live. The pink blossom trees are gracing the streets in my town. That's a sure sign for us that Spring is here. Sending you lots of love on this February week. : )

~Sheri

diane stetson said...

Daffodil , Daffodil, spilling your gold on the April Hill,
Joy you bring in the spring, Sweet smelling daffodil.

I also remember the tulip song too Susan. We learned both at Barlett.

agatek said...

I like tulips very much. Tulips look beautiful on your table with a beautiful napkin.

Laurel Wood said...

The tulips are so pretty. They remind me of my grandmother. She lived in a gray brick home and had red tulips blooming in the yard. Also, your milk glass vase is beautiful. My mother, in her later years, loved to visit thrift stores with me. She collected every milk glass vase I could find for her. I remember a song from church when I was little....Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Related Posts with Thumbnails