Thursday, May 21, 2020

Glorious Morning Glories


Morning glories are generous beauties that bloom for many months.



They have tendrils that climb at an amazing rate so they are perfect flowers for garden arbors, porch or fence posts.

Their blossoms are truly exquisite.


At a favorite garden center, the light blue morning glories just called to my heart.



Of course, as soon as a pot of them was brought home, the weather person warned of freezing nighttime temperatures.

Soooooo, in they came, with other plants, for a few nights in the whirlpool, too keep them from freezing to death.


Now they are out on the porch railing.

 Hubs has concocted a series of strings for them to climb up.



Just looking outside and seeing them fills my heart with joy.

They also live up to their regal name-----glories of the morning!...  morning glories.




DO YOU GROW MORNING GLORIES? IF YES, WHAT COLOR? WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THEM?


6 comments:

Terra said...

Seeing your photos now I want to grow some morning glories. That particular shade of blue just touches my heart, I think this color of morning glory is called Heavenly Blue, a name it deserves.

diane stetson said...

Oh I love morning glories...Yours are gorgeous. I remember them from childhood blooming outside in the back yard along the back of the house.

SImple and Serene Living said...

Morning glories are such a beautiful old fashioned flower. xo Laura

Chatty Crone said...

I absolutely love Morning Glories- in fact - I grew them once by the mailbox - in the morning they opened up!!!! I loved that. So pretty and signified a new day.

Red Rose Alley said...

Your Morning Glories are pretty, Susan, and such a stunning color. In my old town, when I took a drive in the country, I used to see the prettiest purple Morning Glories growing. They are a unique and lovely flower for sure. I hope they keep growing well so you will delight in them daily. : )

~Sheri

Linda O'Connell said...

Those flowers are going bring you immense joy. Hope spring decides to stay. I am tired of the flip flopping, too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails