Monday, August 3, 2020

Elegance Under the Stars


Some events in life are studded with enchantment and wonder.

A birthday party for a niece of mine happened to be one of them.

She is beautiful both inside and out.

She's always fighting for the underdog, too, and does so much good for the world.



She wore a long, white dress with an elegant, many-layered "diamond"  necklace and a flower crown in her hair.

The table------oh!  the table-----stretched clear across the lawn of her bungalow and was set with china, crystal, and lighted candelabras!



Each guest's name was painted on small, flat rocks.



The birthday girl even hand-painted the guest cards at each place setting.


The food tasted fabulous and the wine flowed.

There was singing,  poetry, and many wishes for happiness for the birthday girl. 

Flames flickered in the tiki torches under the summer night sky.

It was a night, despite the wretchedness of the past several months,  that will never be forgotten. 

HOW DO YOU LIKE YOUR SPECIAL DAY TO BE CELEBRATED?



5 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I would love to have a party just like that - I have never ever been to one.
Happy birthday to her. Looks like sooooooo much fun!

Joyful said...

Looks like a beautiful party. Happy birthday to your niece.

diane stetson said...

wonderful party especially in these times. Everything looks lovely. I would like one like that but not possible in January....ha ha

Linda O'Connell said...

Whata wondeful party. I always think outdoor dining looks fun, and then I remeber the flies. Lol

Laurel Wood said...

Oh such a lovely birthday celebration. One of my favorite birthdays was celebrated with five college girlfriends, two of whom I had not seen in over forty years! I set the table with my Mildred China gifted to me by my husband, each friend brought a dish and we had such fun, each friend designed and wore a hat. The winner was the first of my group to have a grandchild......her hat was decorated with sweet items relating to her new grandson.

Related Posts with Thumbnails