Sunday, December 6, 2020

Mary, Mother of God

 
 
Mothers are pretty important people.  
 
Without  Mary, the Blessed Mother of God, there would never have been a babe in a manger in Bethlehem.

No three kings coming to visit the baby, no shockingly bright star in the night heavens...

 No crib for a bed or cattle lowing....

Mary made all that possible when she gave birth to a baby King, Jesus.

A small ceramic blessed mother's head and shoulders on my desk bring me great solace.

Jesus's mother suffered so greatly yet remained sweet, kind, and loving beyond belief.

 She is a good person to emulate.

Mary, Mother of God, thank you for bringing Jesus into the world to save it.

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SONG ABOUT THE BLESSED MOTHER?

5 comments:

Linda O'Connell said...

Susan, she is beautiful and I can see how that sweet face would bring peace. Hope you have a great day.

diane stetson said...

Ave Maria either by Shubert or Gounod is my favorite MARY SONG. I say the rosary daily and hope she is interceding to God for me in my prayers.

Babs said...

Ave Ave Ave Maria!

Red Rose Alley said...

Mary is so special to me too, Susan. And your Mary statue is beautiful. I like the soft pink roses. It must look lovely on your desk. Yes, she is kind and loving.....and always there for us. To answer your question, I love Silent Night, and there is also a song at church about Mary that I love. If I find it, I'll send it to you through e-mail.

~Sheri

Anne Robinson said...

That is lovely, I love the song Mary Did You Know, having been raised in the Catholic faith, I remember all the beautiful songs to Mary. She was indeed blessed. HUGS across the miles XO XO

Related Posts with Thumbnails