Saturday, December 5, 2020

Brave Little Flowering Plant

On a table in my upstairs home office, a gigantic plant takes up a lot of space.

Nearby is a smaller one. 

The office gets lots of light from huge windows but, when the weather turns colder, so does that room.

 Imagine my surprise the other day when looking over at the plants to see that a bright pink flower had popped out of the hardened soil of the smaller container.

She's a brave little thing to bloom in the chill of December.

 

We can learn from plants, right?

We can be brave, too, and shine in the world despite  the cold and darkness that sometimes creeps into our lives.

WHAT  IS SOMETHING YOU DO TO ADD BRIGHTNESS TO THE WORLD?

4 comments:

Nellie said...

Hi, Susan! Lovely flower! In these days of online ordering and curbside pickup of groceries, I often add fresh flowers to my order. They do lift our spirits!

diane stetson said...

This past year I lost a very dear friend who I had known for over thirty years. Her daughter gave me two house plants of hers and I thought for sure they would die on me but NO..they are both blooming and doing really well. I'm so grateful and they remind me of my friend each and every time I look at them.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Thank goodness for indoor plants. Our windows are tinted so I need low light plants. They tend to survive but not really grow a lot. Thankful to have my two balconies where I have plants that support the pollinators. :) Have a good day.

Linda O'Connell said...

That is a message of hope and confirmation.

Related Posts with Thumbnails