Wednesday, January 27, 2021

A Sweet Treat

 

"Cookies, we've got cookies, we've got lots and lots of cookies."

When it's time to see grands (or their parents), it's nice to have a treat for them.

Chocolate chip cookies are always popular.

In a recent article, it suggested moving the cookies from the cookie sheet, straight out of the oven, to the insides of cut paper bags.

This was supposed to make them chewy on the inside and slightly crunchy on the outside.

The paper bags supposedly let some of the fat drain out of the cookies.

Tried the tip and it worked.

Sure enough, there were big greasy spots on the insides of the paper bags when the cookies were lifted, upon cooling.

They were really, really delicious and I will continue the paper bag solution to crunchy, chewy cookies!

DO YOU LIKE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES? WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE KIND OF COOKIE?

4 comments:

diane stetson said...

I don't really eat cookies much but chocolate chip are my favorite ones and the girl scouts thin mints are a second favorite when I indulge. My grandsons love chocolate chip cookies and I make mine with two sticks of BUTTER .Just made them this week.

Nellie said...

Oh, yes! I love chocolate chip cookies! I don’t believe I’ve ever met a cookie I didn’t like!

Linda O'Connell said...

Chocolate chips are my downfall. I place mine on paper towels and they do soak up the grease somewhat. Peanut butter cookies are a second favorite. Yours look delicious.

Red Rose Alley said...

Wow, that's a lot of cookies! I love chocolate chip cookies, and I think that may be my favorite, Susan. But sugar cookies at Christmastime!

~Sheri

*I just made a bath of cc cookies and had one this morning. ; )

Related Posts with Thumbnails