Monday, May 10, 2021

New Week, New Thoughts, New Outcomes

 

The morning sky looked light grey in color with no visible sun.

 But the birdies were singing and the new day held promise.

The desire to tackle some stubborn items on the always present "to do" list burned strongly.

It feels so good to draw a thick, black line through an item that has been hanging around for awhile, doesn't it?

 Some "need to do" chores have stubbornly stayed put for weeks but now it's time to get them done and happily do the cross-through.

Completed a couple of hangers-on this morning and it really buoyed the spirit.

 It proves that new thinking can have new outcomes.

"Yes, I can do this today," or "This won't take long to accomplish" or
"There. It's done," all help make the tasks lighter.

WHAT DO YOU THINK IS BEHIND PROCRASTINATING?

3 comments:

diane stetson said...

One word answer to your question today....LAZINESS

Linda O'Connell said...

One of my ways of getting through something is to tell myself how far I've come instead of how far I have to go. Positive thinking works. Happy top hear you are scratching things off your to do list. I have a must do, will do and might do lists.

Red Rose Alley said...

Susan, your post is just what I was talking about on my Monday post. I have been doing so much work inside and outside the house since I moved to the mountains, so one day I just got in the car and drove to the creek. It's good that we take time out of our daily chores and spend time in nature. We can find so much goodness there and peaceful moments. Yes, it's nice to check off things from the to-do list with a black marker. I usually just put a check right by the task I completed. : ) Have a good week, Susan.

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails