Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Life is Unpredictable

 

 Life is so unpredictable.

If there is anything learned throughout the years, it's that fact.

The ability to live in the moment is a real gift. This moment, after all, is all we have---nothing more.

When life's storms hit, it can feel so devastating. 

It's like being plunged into a deep, black pit.

During such times, it's imperative to remember that it won't always be like this.  Bad times eventually pass.

Most recently,  another friend died.  

The loss weighs heavily on my heart.

I must have gratitude for the years I knew him.

The sun will rise tomorrow and life will go on.

Memories will be the precious way to keep on going, never forgetting.

HOW DO YOU, PERSONALLY,  COPE WITH LOSS?

6 comments:

Terra said...

Being a senior citizen I have suffered loss, including the death of my dear hubby. It is rough. My knowledge that Christ promises all his followers that we will meet again and enjoy eternal life is a big help to me. Sorry to hear your friend died and sending you a hug.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

So sorry for your loss..
Hugs,
Debbie

diane stetson said...

The only way to deal with loss is with deep faith in God and his promises to be reunited in the next life. On earth exercise, positive thoughts, prayer, and surrounding yourself with compassionate people help.

My Tata's Cottage said...

I am so sorry for your loss. May 19 I Lost a dear, dear friend and June 3 another sweet, kind angel passed away in her sleep at age 46. It is so hard but I know God has a plan for each one of us and although we never seem to understand His thoughts, He is always there to hold us upright. I wish you much love and peace in this diffcult time of loss. HUGS

Red Rose Alley said...

I'm sorry to hear about the passing of your dear friend, Susan. I was listening to the Priest one Sunday, and he was saying just what you did, that bad times don't last, but he also said that good times don't either. Life is about keeping faith and hope during those bad times. And your post reminds me of that. love you, and sending comfort and love while you are grieving.

~Sheri

Linda O'Connell said...

Life seems to be an uphill struggle some days. I am so sorry for your loss.

Related Posts with Thumbnails