Saturday, July 24, 2021

Pretty Remembrances

 When traveling, it's always fun to pop in to a local thrift store, just to see if any special  treasures are lurking.

Perhaps there are one or two things that can be taken home as sweet remembrances of the trip.

On a recent trip to Cape Cod, the Friends of Eastham Council on Aging Gift Shop made a perfect stopping place.

A lovely, small. dark green silk pillow with pink flowers on it caught my eye.

It was only $5 and as pretty as a picture.


 Also picked up were six scented votive candles for $2.

That's less than 50 cents per candle and I'm always burning votives in front of a statue of the Blessed Mother on the front hall table.

 The thrift shop was very cramped and uncomfortable to walk through. 

The Friends need a much bigger space to make it easier and more pleasant for customers to shop.

However, it was still a delight and cost a lot less than a regular store.

DO YOU LIKE TO BUY TRINKETS WHEN YOU GO ON VACATION?

6 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Susan, this pillow with the roses looks just like you. It looks turquoise on the screen, and is so charming. This is a good find, and those candles are great too. Jess got me the same candles for my birthday, which were white,
and they are good to have when we get a power outage. I wish I could browse through this shop with you. Too bad they didn't make the isles more comfortable for their shoppers.

~Sheri

*to answer your question.....Yes, I love to buy trinkets any time I'm out
shopping, and I love the ones that are one of a kind. : )

diane stetson said...

OH BOY...I am so glad you found a THRIFT STORE on your vacation Susan. You must have been in your glory...YAY.

Linda O'Connell said...

Oh I love that pillow!

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Oh yes, I always loved getting trinkets on vacation. And that pillow you founds, oh my, that's pretty.

I hope you are keeping well, Susan. It's been a while since I've been by to visit. Wishing you a great weekend.

Kit said...

Hello my friend! Such a lovely pillow. I love getting trip souvenirs especially antiques. Have a great weekend. Kit

Jeanette said...

I always buy a refrigerator magnet whenever we are on vacation. I usually don't go into thrift stores but I may start to!

Related Posts with Thumbnails