Monday, October 18, 2021

Gift of a Pumpkin

 A friend's car pulled into the driveway the other day.

She walked up the sidewalk, carrying a large brown paper grocery bag.

 

On the porch, peeking into the bag, I spotted a huge pumpkin.

My dear friend, Sharon, had purchased the big fellow and even carved a handsome face on him!

His insides were all cleaned out, too,  and he was ready for a fat candle! 


It was all very thrilling and made me feel like a child on Christmas morning.

Mr. Pumpkin was a treasured gift from that dear friend. 

Her thinking of me and doing all the work of cleaning out and then carving the pumpkin filled my heart with gratitude and love.

Some people, like Sharon, truly make the world a better place with their compassion, generosity, and kindness. 

Mr. Pumpkin is all ready for Halloween.

HOW DO YOU MAKE FRIENDS FEEL SPECIAL?


3 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, what a delightful pumpkin! So nice of your friend to stop by and bring this fellow over. It looks nice next to your Fall flowers. A little kindness
goes a long way, that's for sure.

Have a good October week, Susan.

~Sheri

diane stetson said...

My friend came over yesterday with a nice read and white hat for me . It was a complete surprise and I LOVE it.
I think the pumpkin you got was very cute. I'm sure you will enjoy it's glow with the candle inside. Nice friends we have don't we?

Linda O'Connell said...

Ahh what a thoughtful, lovely gift and treat.

Related Posts with Thumbnails