Thursday, February 29, 2024

Roses and Memories

 

Most flowers bring a touch of loveliness to our lives but roses are extra special.

Perhaps one of the reasons for their being special is they don't last a long time, like some other flowers.

So every day they survive, they touch our hearts and we know that in a short time, they will be gone.

Some people truly dislike silk flowers but I'm not one of them.

 Of course, if there is access to living flowers, I buy them for their fragrance and beauty.

But, in a pinch, it is possible to make do with silk ones. Plus, we know they will not wither and die.

Some are so picturesque, it's impossible to tell they are not living unless one sniffs them for fragrance, and, of course, there is none. 

The spring-like, very pastel pink roses in a glass footed vase bring daily happiness.

A very dear high school friend, Patti, gifted me with the exquisite vase. 

She died a few years ago and I still miss her all the time.

That vase is especially precious to me because it is a gift from Patti.

WHAT IS  YOUR FAVORITE FLOWER TO HAVE AROUND YOUR HOUSE?


3 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

I thought they were real roses, Susan. What a soft pretty color they are, and I've always loved the vase your special friend gave you. I smiled when you talked about roses not lasting for long and they touch our hearts while they are here, cause that's so true, isn't it?

Well, you know my favorite flower is the rose, but I also love to have Carnations in my home. They smell so pretty and last a long time. : )

~Sheri

Diane said...

I got roses for Valentine’s Day and they lasted ten whole days. They were beautiful. My favorite was a coral colored one. Enjoy the artificial ones. They look pretty and real.

Anonymous said...

Rose scented oils can be applied the the bottom of the buds. Then artificial flowers smell too!🙋🏻‍♀️

Related Posts with Thumbnails