Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Birthday Greeting Cards

Some people say sending greeting cards is passe.

Not for me. I LOVE sending, as well as receiving, greeting cards.

No matter how old-fashioned the act of sending cards becomes, it's something that will be continued here for as long as humanly possible.


There's something very special about sending and receiving specially selected greeting cards.


It is gratifying to know that someone took the time and effort to put their thoughts into picking out a card and sending it to celebrate.

Two special birthdays occurred during April, my daughter's as well as my little sister's.  

The cards I sent on their behalf are shown in today's post.

DO YOU STILL SEND GREETING CARDS? DO YOU LIKE RECEIVING THEM?

6 comments:

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Growing up, I never bought greeting cards for my wife thinking they were a waste of money. Now that I am older, I started to and see how she appreciates them.

diane stetson said...

Love sending them and love getting them. I will keep doing it till I no lon ger am able to.

My Tata's Cottage said...

I love sending and receiving them. We celebrate 40 years of marriage on Friday May 3. My sis Mary and my niece Karla both sent us such beautiful anniversary greetings. I love to send and receive. I belong to an encouragement group and once and a while someone will send me a card or note in reply to my card. It makes me so happy! When I turned 60 I received 60 cards and notes and letters. It made me so happy.
Love the pretty card you shared.
Have a blessed and beautiful week.

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh Yes, I love sending and receiving greeting cards. I just got one from my best friend at the dinner when I visited my hometown. You're right, there's something so special about this tradition, and I hope it continues. This card with the pink roses is so pretty. I'm glad to hear you still love this thoughtful gesture, Susan. Here's to greeting cards in the mail!

~Sheri

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Sending mail is a great joy and privilege. Wish we had a postal system that worked efficiently and reliably. I miss receiving and sending mail. May blessings.

Shug said...

Totally awesome.....My husband and I love sending cards and I'm pretty sure that our local Hallmark store knows us well. Birthday cards are special and so are other kinds of cards. I know for me, receiving so many sympathy cards was of great comfort for us each time a loved has passed. I have every single card that my husband has given me since 1968, I only wished our younger generation could see how special sending cards can be.

Related Posts with Thumbnails