Thursday, April 18, 2024

Natural Pastel Eggs

Did you know eggs come in different shades besides brown and white?

It all depends on the breeds of the chickens laying the eggs.  

That's what I read anyway.

On trips to Kinderhook Farm in Valatie, New York, perusing the farm store is great fun. 

Everything looks fresh and nicely displayed. 

Meats, including different kinds of bacon, come wrapped and frozen in precision order under the lift up lid of the freezer.

Some eggs definitely make it home with me since fresh farm eggs are always more appealing than supermarket eggs.

The yolks are often deep yellow, bordering on orange. They taste better, too!

If you have the opportunity to buy fresh eggs, whatever you do, don't pass it by.

While all the pastel shades are pretty, light turquoise is my favorite.


ARE THEIR FRESH EGGS AVAILABLE IN NEARBY FARMS WHERE YOU LIVE?


2 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, I'm glad you showed us the eggs you got from the farm. I was curious about the colored eggs you brought home. No farms around here that sells eggs, but I get fresh ones from the store weekly. There's nothing like eggs, is there? Fried eggs are good with potatoes. That bacon sounds wonderful too. : )

~Sheri

diane stetson said...

I buy eggland's best at the supermarket.

Related Posts with Thumbnails