Sunday, July 28, 2024

Stargazer Lilies Purchase Wins

 


Stargazer lilies, usually shown in light and deep pink colors, are intensely gorgeous and have incredible fragrance.

Their scent can spread from one spot, throughout an entire small apartment.

Even their name touches the heart----stargazer lilies.  

 Imagine lilies gazing up at the stars at night!  

This has been a very expensive month with lots of extra (not fun) expenses.

That thought ran through my mind while walking into the front lobby of the supermarket.

There, on a large display of several shelves, were stargazer lilies for sale.

The sign said $19.99.

A conversation started in my head about how expensive this month's expenses have been versus buying just one lily plant for myself.

Kindness and generosity toward self won.

 The plant has brought immense joy just by sitting on the edge of the kitchen counter. Sometimes we just have to remind ourselves of things that lift our spirits and then go for at least one of them.

 

Stargazer lilies is one of mine!

 

 

WHAT IS ONE THING THAT LIFTS YOUR OWN SPIRIT?

4 comments:

Shug said...

The stargazer has always been a favorite of mine. I love the sweet fragrance as well as the beauty of this flower. We all need to support our own happiness and I think it is great that you did. I agree with you....the stargazer or any sweet smelling flower has the power to lift spirits.

Brenda Leyland @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

I love these stargazer lilies - definitely a favourite of mine! Beautiful to look at, wonderful to smell.

diane stetson said...

I hardly ever buy flowers but this past week I bought sunflowers and some kind of purple flowers and they are still decorating my dining room table. I love stargazer lilies too. Enjoy them.

Debbie Nolan said...

Susan so glad to you gave into this beautiful lily. I have one in my garden and it brings me such joy. They are not only lovely but so fragrant. Hope August is kinder on your pocketbook. Take care and have a great day. Hugs!

Related Posts with Thumbnails